воскресенье, 3 января 2016 г.

Extra Lessons! Be Ready for Your Exam!

On Monday, January, 4th, 2016 at 11.00. you are welcome to take 3rd Extra Lesson!

And here is "Be Ready for Your Exam! Part 2" if you wish to practise at home:


4. Choose the correct Item to complete the sentences.
1. I always have / do my lunch prepared by my father.
2. David had / made his new computer repaired (by a technician).
3. Don’t worry, we’ll have / make our beds made by the maid.
4. Mary couldn't / can’t have her trip arranged last week.
5. I must / can’t have the windows at the office cleaned.
6. I’m having / doing a new security system installed in my office.
7. Jenny is being / having her car serviced at the moment.
8. Richard has not had / has not been the piano fixed yet.
9. I was having /was making the leak in the bathroom fixed when you phoned me.
10. Do you always have / get your clothes dry-cleaned?

5. Put the verbs Into the correct form of Passive Voice.
1. The music  must______ (turn down) by 12 o’clock at the latest.
2. Your free gift _____ (send) to you in the next few days.
3. I wish I ______ (teach) how to use a computer when I was at school.
4. Human bones________ (find) by archaeologists yesterday.
5. My car _________ (repair) at the moment, so I can't give you a lift.
6. New York ______ (say) to be one of the most dangerous cities in the world.

6. Choose the correct item.
Today we take many inventions for granted but one of the most useful ones is the ‘not so (1 ) ______ ’ supermarket trolley. Before the 1930s women shoppers went into grocery stores with their own baskets. ( 2 ) ______ , they would only buy a few things because their baskets wouldn’t (3) ______ much.
Sylvan Goldman of Oklahoma ( 4 ) ______ this and decided that he had to think of a way to encourage people to buy more, especially since business was not (5 )_____very well.
He took a folding chair, (6 )_____ wheels to the legs and placed two baskets on top. He put the trolleys near the door and waited to see his customers’ ( 7 ) ______ . He was very disappointed. No one (8) _____ any notice. Nevertheless, being a very determined man, he didn’t give up. He hired people to push them around the store filled with groceries.
Customers were offered one to try out and his success story began.

1  A critical   B significant   C meaningful   D serious
2  A Furthermore   B In particular   C However   D Apart from that
3  A put   B keep   C hold   D take
4  A noticed   B watched  C regarded   D viewed
5  A making   B running   C doing   D heading
6  A included   B added   C combined   D accompanied
7  A replies   B remarks   C reports   D reactions
8  A took   B got   C made   D hid

7. Complete the sentences with for or since.
1. Olena has been a teacher ---------- 1993.
2. Nancy has been learning French______ September.
3. Mary has been cleaning this room ____ two hours.
4. She has been doing homework______ 17.00.
5. I have been working here ______ the last two years.
6. Taras has been repairing his car _____ 9.00.
7. Granny has been cooking______ two hours.
8. I haven’t seen her ______ we were schoolchildren.

8. Complete the sentences with prepositions at, on, In.
1. I get up ______ 7 o’clock every day.
2 . I was born ______ 22 June.
3. Mary likes to travel_______ summer.
4. My father reads the newspaper______ the morning.
5. We are going to the picnic____ the weekend.
6. My sister is _____home now, but I’m _______ work.
7. My friend was born _____ 1997.
8. I will be back _____ ten minutes.
9. We have English lessons______ Monday and  _______ Wednesday.
10. They are busy ______ the moment. 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий